Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A TABLE REDO WITH SOME VINTAGE STYLE LOVE

Welcome friends! Happy you could stop by to see what the heke I'm up to now. I had this wonderful pedestal table that I decided to move into the kitchen. Its not very big without the leaf and has a great pedestal . I thought it would be a great place to do some homework have a little lunch or just sit and chat over some coffee.

This process was not easy....it took 3 paint applications. So it started like this..
I t was all white, so I painted sea green, dark green, red and yellow thick stripes, I dry brushed it on. Let that dry , then took a dark brownish grey and painted the whole thing so no colors were visible. Once all dry I took and painted the sea foam color dry brushed that on. Then I quickly took the opposite end of a small paint brush and made plank lines by using a yard stick.

So when that was completely dry the fun started lots of sanding and scrapping I wanted to get a real old effect. I just kept scrapping until enough was a enough. A coat of non shiney polyurethane as the last step.












Little peeks of color are visible after sanding and scraping




I do understand that not everyone would like so much wear and tear on a piece of furniture. But I love wood that's been through the elements. The apron of the table I painted the sea foam green color. Creating a well weathered piece of furniture can take some time and patience and this style is not for everyone.
  So pleased that I was  Featured at  The Blue Willow House Vintage Charm!  Thank you Sharon

 
Thanks so much for visiting!                                  Lisa   
Come join me for some parties:
http://www.bluewillowhouse.com/2016/08/04/vintage-charm-42/
http://www.cottagemakingmommy.com/2016/08/beat-dog-days-of-summer-come-join-ss.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...