Thursday, April 11, 2024

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic?

I was in need of just a small cabinet to hold the over flow of canned goods. I looked high and low but almost everything I found was made of synthetic wood and hardly no wood. So I took a look at my stash. My son had this piece many years ago, ugly in its state but I thought I could surely bring this back to life.



First a good cleaning, then a coat of what I call gramas kitchen, a paint I bought at Lowes paint dept. I removed the star. Once the paint was dry I then added a slim coat of my favorite go to paint, Painters Choice semi gloss white. Taking care to let some of the green peek through. 




I had some  shiplap paper on hand that I applied to the door, dressed her up with a rooster stencil and a little wreath I crafted from greenery I had on hand.  

The best part is this is really roomy inside, so it will be great for all the extras.






Why not shop at home! Hoping you will have as much fun bringing an old piece back to life!      

                     Happy painting!

                         Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...