Thursday, June 26, 2014

WELCOME, COME TOUR THE FRESHLY PAINTED BOLD COLORED LIVING ROOM!

Welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air, So happy you have stopped by! I have been working non stop here painting and redecorating. A short time ago I did paint the room with a wheat color... much too dull for me. Besides that there was a couple of layers of wallpaper on the walls. If you have ever removed wallpaper before you know it's no party, I don't care what your serving up! Removing wallpaper is terrible but I did want to reveal the pretty wood paneling underneath. I used a bold and braising deep dark purple, truly a color out of the normal comfort zone. So after many hours of peeling wallpaper and then adding a lick of this posh bold color this is the results...... Pour yourself a cup of coffee this could take a while....

 I decided to go with a bright white curtain, the wall color really pops against the white.
 I propped my screen door that I crafted in the corner propped up against  a corner cabinet.







I painted and distressed the fire place also painting a strip of chalkboard paint. The round grate madalion was a 6.99 thrift store find that I just gave a little distressing to. also a blue colored glass collection sits front and center surrounded by some driftwood and shells we have been collecting from the beach.







A bench was placed behind the couch that holds my collection of vintage lanterns , when they are lit you can see from the outside. Bright white curtains are clipped on and a sheer swag for some fancy.
A bucket of Cokes, love decorating with these bottles.

A wall decked out with some vintage finds and my favorite sign. A rescued shutter fits well with some 4th of July décor.
An ironstone plate  I picked up at the thrift store for .99 , I love the fancy of it.








I hung a thrift store basket filled with some colorful rope and a stray duck.








 
I painted the front panel with chalkboard paint so we could change our messages accordingly.
This former candleholder is a perfect fit on the fire place wall with a little distressing it is a perfect match.
 
 I found this sign to add to my screen door for the summer.



 






 
 I found this oil painting at Dell's thrift warehouse  I got the feel of a cottage type neighborhood it reflects  a cozy feel I set it on top of my vintage suitcase which sits on top my vintage icebox.

This is a glass fish plate that I gave a little color to by shading the back with some glass paint. I am totally loving this bold paint color and I think it will be fun decorating for all the upcoming holidays. Perhaps I have influenced you to paint a room with some fun boldness!   Thanks so very much for stopping by Sweet Tea N' Salty Air!
Furniture Feature Fridays
Come party with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...