Saturday, June 7, 2014

FIREPLACE MANTLE INTO THE PERFECT HEADBOARD

Hi there welcome friends to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air! Summer is wonderful but also brings allot of work and preparation. I have been planting , power washing etc.. how about you?   I always scan the free section of Craig's List and low and behold A very nice couple on the Island listed a huge all wood fancy fire place mantle, actually I have been looking for some time for one that would be big enough to star as a king size headboard. As it turned out the size of the mantle was a perfect match!
Someone built this beauty and gave it a wonderful Faux paint treatment but for my style I just lightly milk painted it with a cream color and left some of the brownish shading to show through.






 This bedroom is decorated in Red , White and blue so I just did a little shading of the red and blue and added  sweet dreams.



Where the opening is I added some pretty red material. also a shabby garland with a woodsey star. I am thinking about painting the mantle a really dark color or I just may use it in the lodge room which is the lanai. She is a beauty though!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...