Saturday, June 3, 2023

BEAUTIFUL ZINNIAS, EASY TO GROW

 Welcome ! Spring means gardening even if you don't have a "green thumb". This will be my second year growing Zinnias. They are the most beautiful, hardiest and surprising flowers to grow. I say surprising because their are all different colored flowers, as well as shapes. Some are huge and bursting with vibrant color and others are dainty and mildly colored. This will happen just from 1 pk. Of seeds. 

I did plant the seeds in a long window box, nothing special just reg outdoor potting soil. I tended to watering everyday. Made sure the window box was in a sunny place and before you know it seeds had sprouted.

When the stems were about 5 inches I transplanted them to my wrap around flower bed in my front yard. Soon enough flowers were blooming and standing tall. Even in this hot Florida sun! Let's take a peek. They also love being sandwiched in between vegetable plants and fruits such as my pineapples and onions







Really though, anyone can grow these from seeds no pro gardener needed there. It's alot of fun watching them grow and quickly too. I started some more seeds so when these dwindle ill be ready to replace them with new plants. Also a great flower to cut and place in your home.


                      Thankyou for joining me today!

                           Best of luck gardening!

                                       Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Zinnias will reseed! I have a whole bed of zinnias that reseeded from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know, thanks for sharing and for visiting! As I ordered more seeds never knew how many different varieties there were. Truly my garden favorite

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...