Wednesday, June 7, 2023

FARMHOUSE 200$ BEDROOM MAKEOVER!

Welcome everyone! Happy you stopped on by today. I was so ready for a master bedroom makeover! I wanted to rid of the dark grey walls along with the dark bedding. So I did some online shopping and was able to find everything for a bit under 200$. Headboard included.  I was going for the casual summer cotton farmhouse look, while trying to keep a minimum budget.  

First up , a nice white blanket of color on the walls. Bye bye dark grey! This paint went on well with good coverage. It's like a breath of fresh air for the walls.


Next a nice sun blocking simple curtain that is not totally blackout. Found these on Walmart online.



Next, a nice cotton duvet  light stripes that any farmer would love to cuddle up to. I searched until I found just the right set. Found on ebay. Inexpensive and shipped quickly. I stuffed the duvet with a nice fluffy quilt. Love the look.


Next I wanted a lightweight farmhouse style headboard, found that on Walmart.com. I love it! Perfect look , I attached a mini pendant that I crafted. 



Next, I found the nicest pillow on Walmart, fits my them so pretty and well made. Decorative ya know, when Mr farmer took it to cuddle with I quickly retrieved it, that's decorative not for use I replied lol 😆! Men just don't get that sometime. Am I right? The pillow was a surprise cause I never thought for that price I would get something so very nice.



 The sign is a recent purchase from Temu, Temu is a new online shopping network . The sign came just on the canvas but I attached it to a piece of wood using a staple gun. Well worth it! The wording is perfect and the canvas is good quality.


And there you have it! Just a wee bit under 200$  I love the challenge of a budget! So the lamps I had, they were thrifted and ispray painted the bases. The other decorative illow I sewed.i had the window frame I gave it a lick of black paint. The wreath is a rag wreath with a big ole farmhouse bow I crafted.  So let's take a look and see how it all came together.












I'm thinking that the headboard will be fun to decorate for the seasons and holidays. Staying on an affordable budget takes some good online shopping strategies. The only drawback with this is that I have a window behind the bed. The bed really can't go anywhere else so it's just one of those things to accept...lol.That pillow though..I love it and for about 10$! I believe this makeover could be done for less, marketplace on fb had oodles of headboards for cheap. Hope you enjoyed the makeover and have some inspiration to revive a room or two. 

                         Happy Decorating

                                Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...