Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Licorce Painted Walls & Shiplap Paper,,The Dining Room Redo

 Welcome, nice of you to drop in! I am so excited to share my newly painted and papered dining room. Whoever said dark walls make a room look small? So not true, after scanning pinterest I just had to go with the dark walls. The Licorice colored walls are just darn right se#y! Just something about it. 


To start the walls were a light willow green , ok but no statement or class. The room isn't exactly super large so it just needed that bit a class. So these are the two items that I used...



Both that I ordered online at Wal-Mart.  Both under 30$  I have to say that this Wal-Mart paint is pretty good, I'm impressed, the price is also reasonable. The peel n stick shiplap paper is a winner as well. Stuck to wall really well. So grab a cool drink and comfy seat and let's take a look...

This is the before. Just plain Willow green walls





Come on in right through the shutter doors, the dining room is right of the kitchen which is really convenient. 
So I chose to paper the bottom and paint the top, a great weekend project!
I couldn't resist decorating with patriotic decor



The large shelf under the wreath I decided to paint to match the wall so it would bo one with the wall. Had to add some string lights






The dining room is also open to the living room as well.









The faux wooden stars I used on the table setting is listed in my blog list, a simple craft.

Now I can't wait to eat a meal in here! The table does ha a leaf so when the gangs all here I just add a bench, the leaf and 2 more chairs. 

I would say if your scared to do dark walls give it a try you won't be sorry it's like a big hug when you enter the room.

                                 Happy Decorating!

                                        Lisa

4 comments:

  1. I love your paint and the wallpaper is awesome too! I have dark paint on some of my walls. I like how it gives the rooms dimension. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your kind comment! Loving the dark walls, it gives off a relaxed vibe and at the same time plays a daring role. Welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

      Delete
  2. Lisa,
    When you use dark colors on your walls, you have to do it right in choosing accessories and you have done it perfectly!! I LOVE this!! I am a fan of deep rich color and I think that everything just pops against it!! Stunning!!! Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...