Sunday, July 10, 2022

ZINNIAS, A WINNER FOR ANY GARDENER

 Welcome on this summer day! Anyone doing any gardening? Most of the time I just grab plants to put directly in the ground but there's nothing more rewarding than planting seeds and the anticipation  of waiting to see the sprout of the seedlings and the final finale the full grown green plant!

My daughter came by with a bunch of seeds from dlooar tree. I had a big garden wagon filled with soil just waiting for something to grow , so I took the seeds Zinnias as well as other flowers and spread them about. Before I knew it lots of greenery had sprouted and it's been about 9 weeks give or take a few days and there are beautiful Zinnias galore. I love them so much that I went ahead and ordered more Zinnia seeds, a couple different variations. Here are the proven facts I know about Zinnias;




They  like to be planted in a cluster, close together.

Like to be kept moist

Love a place to grow that is sunny and also gets a bit of shade through out the day

Those facts are gathered from actually growing them myself. 

Such an array of colors, my plan was to cut them for bouquets.    But for now I will leave the beauties to grow! If you live in an apartment or place a pot filled with garden soil , be sure to have drainage will be a perfect place to grow these beauties!





Zinnias are such a surprise, you never know what colors will pop up!

                                Happy Gardening

                                        Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...