Thursday, April 29, 2021

Opening Up A Kitchen Cabinet for Displaying

 Welcome.....nice of you to stop by! Kitchen shelving seems to be the craze these days. I've joined in on that with one of mine. First step is taking the doors off. Secondly  painted the interior from top to bottom and removing the slat of wood in the middle that there for the sole purpose of door support. 

You can add corbels in the corners, I added a vintage wooden piece on the top for fun. Since we are approaching patriotic holidays I've decided to decorate red, whites and blues using  collectable dishware, signs and odds n ends. A colorful crafted pendant finished it off.

Saving the doors is probably a good idea if you tire of it or maybe selling you can always put the cabinet back together again.








This type of shelving is a great option if you don't want to start demo work by removing cabinets which  will involve much work. I thought it would be a great way to display my collections for holidays and everyday. 

Thankyou for stopping by, let your creativity and imaginations flow for some crafty fun! 


                                 Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! I wish I had enough cabinets though that I could
    spare one to do this to....
    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...