Tuesday, April 27, 2021

A Summer Patriotic Welcome Sign....from fabric scraps & wood

 Hi friends, welcome! As the summer patriotic holidays soon approach I start thinking about red, white and blue decor. It's one of my  favorite times of the year to decorate,  how about you? 

This was just a simple Sunday craft. I gathered my reds, whites and blues of fabric scraps, an old piece of weathered wood. Just a simple sew of a flag type sack, adding red stripes, and blue to white. Attaching it to the wood. I filled it with some paper flowers made from old encyclopedia pages.  I learned the flower technique from the Silver Farmhouse, a great live Facebook place to visit. Lots of crafts!  I used a star stencil and some letters for the welcome . I did use a sewing machine to make the sack but it can easily be done using hot glue. It was a fun afternoon craft!





Thanks so much for stopping by

Wishing you a crafty day!

                           Lisa

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative . . . my favorite crafts are those made from stuff that is hanging around. Waste not, want not, that's what Mama always said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, love the challenge of making something from nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...