Saturday, March 23, 2019

A Pretty Cotton Wreath to craft for about 2$

Welcome, today is a perfect out door day in SW Florida. No humidity and just warm enough. I have been gazing and dreaming of a pretty cotton wreath, thier are so many on almost every shopping venue online. But I thought I would experiment and craft one.

 So for this craft a 1$ bag of cotton ,bought mine at walmart. Some brown paper left over from a package and a base, it does not have to be a grapevine wreath it can be anything you like.
 First step is the paper that will cup the cotton, so this does not have to be perfect but i cut squares about 3 inch on all sides. Fold the square in half and cut as sshown . You should have six points.

 Jshape should be about as shown. I used something wooden to cup the paper as shown to make like a little nest to cup the cotton.
 Try to pull the cotton balls apart so they are not so round. I put one in some and 2 in some for variations. I found that a jelly roll of masking tape worked best for adding cotton into the paper .
 Make enough to have a full wreath. Easy right?
 Now were goinging to make a rag bow.Ive seen them made in many different ways but mine is super easy to do.
 Rip about 8 strips of material, try to make them different widths and lenghths, for my rag bow was white, black and white checked and a green material. Gather all your strips and simply cross over as shown.
 Take a stripand simply tie tightly in the middle. You can play with it a bit to get it like you want it. Now simply attach all your cotton to your base I used hot glue .
 I was happy with the results,hope youll give this craft a try, i found that the online shops were pretty pricey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...