Thursday, October 11, 2018

REPURPOSED JUNK INTO A GREAT KITCHEN ISLAND!

Hi , so happy you have dropped in! How many of you have furniture, wooded shelves just stashed away hoping you may use it again one day? In my case I had a Bakers Rack that had seen better days and some  very old wooden shelves that were in a vintage cabinet that got destroyed in a storm.

So I got to thinking I need a bigger kitchen island, the holidays are soon approaching  and I just know that I will be cooking up a storm! So I rambled around and came up with these three items,

 I used 2 of the large wooden shelves, cleaned them and a light sanding .

What I did with the bakers rack , I scrapped  and sanded the rust gave it a spray of rust lock so no further rust would come back. I took out my sawzaw and cu the top away from the bottom base. I can still use the rack on a different piece of furniture so I saved that. Once everything was prepped I gave the base a good coat of Rust Oleum Black spray paint and if any of you have ever tried their products I give a full 5 Stars , its amazing paint . So when all was dry I brought it on in a placed it in the kitchen.  Now it was time to screw on the two shelves measuring everything making sure everything lined up well I screwed it into place. Time to take out my favorite paint and that Rust  Oleum Painter Choice white Gloss. I would highly recommend this for any project I have included their paint in many of my posts and never had it fail me .

I wanted a pickled finish not to heavy but light enough to show off the pretty curves, lets take a look....Love that this piece has 2 wicker drawers for storing kitchen towels and potholders.




 I simply painted the white on with a brush and kept wiping the paint off easily to get this pickled effect . The finish is very durable and can wash easily. After all was dry I sanded.


I have a stash of vintage spools that have that great worn look so I made a towel holder.

So I think repurposing some old junk is a great way to go, What are you going to make from some junk.  Ladies if your going to use a saw zaw please take caution

                                                                     Thanks so much for visiting!
                                                                                  Lisa

Come join in on the party fun where I share my crafts


I was Featured Button

https://jannolson.blogspot.com/2018/10/share-your-cup-310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...