Saturday, October 20, 2018

A POLISH STYLE COLESLAW RECIPE THAT IS SIMPLY DELICIOUS!

Hi there and welcome.... So I bought the Kitchen Aide Chopper I thought I would give it a whirl with making some slaw to go with a fried Shrimp dinner for this evening. This is the best coleslaw with a sweet and salty mixture that is balanced with a splash of white vinegar . So I gathered up a few ingredients....shall we get started?

So for this recipe I used 1/2 head of raw green cabbage, 1/2 of s medium onion, about a quarter of a green pepper, important about a quarter of a green granny Smith Apple, a splash of white vinegar ( don't substitute) about a 1/2 cup of brown sugar  kosher sea salt and plenty of black pepper. These are just my eye balled measurements you can do this according to your specific taste.

 Ohh and bye bye shredder!
 So I basically cut the cabbage into chunks  and pulse chopped them and wow how easy! And just the right consistency.



 I put the onion and green pepper together so the flavors would marry.
 If you notice the chopper top has a hole built in I wont be using this time but ideal for pouring olive oil when making sauces, salsas aioli, hummus or anything your imagination can conjure up.

 So after mixing it all together in a huge stainless bowl with my hands of course that's from watching my grandmothers they always used their hand for mixing and I just love that! This will feed 5 or 6 as a side to tonight's  tempura fried shrimp dinner. This is also great as a side with meats and BBQ. Hope you'll all give it a try. It is best refrigerated a few hours before serving . This post is my opinion and has no affiliation with Kitchen aide .  Enjoy!

                                                                           Thanks for stopping on in today!
                                                                                          Lisa   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...