Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Wooden wine boxes make nice decor & are usually free

Welcome!  Todays post is all about wine well not quite the wine but the beautiful wooden boxes that it is shipped in at your local wine store. Some places have fancy wine cellars that they sell from  but here my wine box was a free for the takin at Wallgreens liquor store. I have seen them hung on the shelf , put in places as a substitute for a drawer, just on tables holding books , dishes etc.. no matter how you see it is  a wonderful useful crate.

So I had been using it a place to store mail before it was filed but I took it out of hiding as a tremendously good piece to put a giant spider plant from a garden in it. I give the plants away mostly but I thought I would put more greenery in on the screen porch.

 I had some red outdoor paint so I gave it a dry brushing
 This 3d design was done with a stencil and some vinyl spackling I did a post in the past but am having so many requests on this that I will soon do another it is a great application for a flat boring surface.
 Be sure to line your wooden box with  some heavy plastic and put rocks on the bottom for air and drainage then fill half way with soil place your plants and add  some more soil to cover. Be careful not to overwater.

 As you can see they are out of control
 All the plants seem to play well together  mint , basil the spiders etc....
 This is a huge star that I bought online from LTD Commodities it was very inexpensive and once put together it is really nice a big. I placed it on my row of front windows
This guy keeps growing, I see it in pieces at the  grocery store and have been told its great for eating but I don't know anything about it. Do you? love to know




   Hope I have inspired you to shakedown your local wine store for some wine crates!

                                         Until next time .......have fun with it!
                                                          Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...