Monday, April 30, 2018

A NEW VINTAGE PIECE OF FURNITURE ALL FLUFFED FOR SUMMER

Welcome happy you could stop on in! I am excited to share this beautiful vintage cabinet that my so very nice neighbors gifted me with. They used to own an Antique store up North and it was used to display various colored glasses etc.  They are the nicest neighbors who also suffered Irma damages here in SW Florida. Many are still trying to get things built but the shortage of reliable companies to erect roofs and buildings the way they were are short so waiting patiently has been a daily struggle for many.

Let me introduce the latest piece.... It had been painted by artist but I decided to go ahead with my Waverly Chalk paint
I found that this paint works well and covered in one coat.





I decided because summer is quickly approaching I would deck her out with red , white and blue and that would fit perfect seeing the new living room is slate blue .












 I scanned all my closets for red white and blue dishes and knick knacks. I was happy to be able to use my summer berry dishes my moms blue bell and a vintage vase . I was hoping my skeleton key would fit but no luck.










 I decided to keep the antique glaze on the interior.




I created a little reading area for myself in the living room.

 This is a great way to display a vintage quilt . This is called a dish quilt and it was one of my best finds ever at a thrift store I can only imagine the hard work that went into creating this beautiful masterpiece I just love vintage quilts !

I decided to put my wooden iron shutters up again I do love them , I think that I have used them in just about every room.

 Well thank you for stopping in perhaps I have inspired you to give new life to an old piece of furniture that you may have thought about tossing to the curb,  Painting fun until next time and I would also like to say you can find the Waverly chalk paint in the craft section of your Walmart for under 6.00
                                                                          Lisa


Come join me where I share my crafts and furniture redoes

https://www.adelightsomelife.com/home-and-garden-thursday-331/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...