Thursday, April 19, 2018

DONT THROW YOUR BIG TIN CANS AWAY.....you can craft something nice with them

Hi there. nice of you to stop by! If you visit a bit here you know that I am always saying don't throw away your big tin cans , I buy them with tomato sauce or fruit in them . I was needing something for a new to us outdoor table. Its rather large so I needed something that would be useful and pretty. I went to my stash of large cans and picked 3 and got started.

I painted them red which happens to be an outdoor paint


I decided to do a white band but dry brushed it I then added some stenciled stars  .


If you like you can tape so you get good lines

 I tied some cording around the top and just knotted it.


simple , easy , free and pretty!





 Please don't laugh at my Mexican Petunias seems as though people here in Fla don't care for them they are listed as an evasive plant I don't care I love them I have them all over its the only plant that will continually give pretty purple flowers every single day . when these root I will plant them.
 This is a chalkboard one I did that holds folded cloth napkins.
This one sits on my microwave , the following links are some more can projects

https://mrsblackstone.blogspot.com/2014/01/an-empty-tomato-sauce-can-and-some.html   


https://mrsblackstone.blogspot.com/2013/07/wait-minute-dont-throw-that-big-ole-can.html

check these out I especially like when I go to a BBQ I decorate the can and fill it with BBQ utensils and sauce its a hit with the one doing the BBQ ing   

Hope I inspired you to craft some cans up use your imagination  and have some fun with it
                                                        Happy Crafting  Lisa


1 comment:

  1. LOve your idea but where do you find cans this big to make planters I buy 28 ounce tomato sauce and they don't seem big enough. How many ounces were these? Thank you for your help. |RJ@ rjgator96@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...