Friday, February 9, 2018

A BIT OF SPRING IN THE KITCHEN!

Welcome.....happy you could stop on in!!    So are you more than ready for Spring just as I am? Ok I know what you are thinking she lives in Florida why the heke is she waiting for Spring?   Well its actually like this here in Florida there is actually 4 seasons Spring is the time for planting flowers , the grass comes back to life again because unless you water your grass it goes dormant brown and ugly   unless you have sprinkler system but that can be costly. Summer lends lots of rain, green grass, very hot ocean temps and veggie gardens that will self sustain due to our daily showers . Fall is dry it starts to cool a bit gardens can be planted but will have to watered  the humidity lifts a bit making the out doors tolerable . Winter .....well we have had high 30s  low 40s some days warmer during the day cool at night , very cold ocean temps.

Anyway I decided to go ahead and put some Spring in the kitchen so I sewed some new curtains that sport that deep Eggplant color that is accented in the kitchen , I crafted a Spring wreath , did the top over on my island and hung a pretty iron basket over the island. I try to make it fun and functional as well.















To me a well dressed window is a happy window!  So have you begun to think of Spring yet?




Until next time
Lisa













No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...