Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A SHIPLAP WALL USING NO WOOD?HAMMER OR NAILS THAT ANYONE CAN HAVE EVEN IN AN APT.

Hi there welcome!   Hope everyone is enjoying the day. Lets talk Shiplap for a bit, I was thinking that Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper was maybe just a tiny bit over doing it with her shiplap but let me tell you she has introduced a wonderful way to explode your home with vintage style and beauty her  excitement is fully understood now.....thank you Joanna for introducing me anyway to such a smashing wall finish.

So this is something I wanted to try for a bit , I have a huge wall in the kitchen that I cant really remedy meaning everything I do there I really am not happy with until now that is........people all you need is a paintbrush measuring tool lots of masking tape, dark paint and light paint and you can achieve the "shiplap look".  Lets take a look

ok so this is just a flat black painted wall and you do need a dark base color or if you prefer use a light base color and dark on top but the most important trick to all this is CONTRAST  For this Faux shiplap application you will need plenty of masking tape , a measuring device , brushes and paint and roll your sleeves up because this is going to be some work but the end result will be well worth it.




 Her you have it....shiplap may not be for everyone but I'm in love! and the best part is no wood, hammer nails needed!
 I finally used this little round vintage  wooden table and also pulled some small chippy by that I mean they have the aged look with the black chipping off and mustard yellow showing through , I covered the seats over as well and they seem to fit well with the little table have not decided if I want to paint it or not but for now I will love the wood look.
 I also did the adjacent wall that leads to the dining room, Its so funny I can put any sign or picture or what ever on the faux shiplap and it looks great!


 I crafted this Farm help wanted sign yesterday.....


The one great thing about faux painting is that I gave the faux boards some scuffs by dry brushing in those areas. Dry brushing is merely not using much paint on the brush. 

 I found this old vintage ladder just crying on the roadside take me home so I don't go to the dump...of course I put him in my SUV and brought him home!And of course if you follow me you know I love strings of lights here and there and everywhere. Such a cool area for sitting w/tea and raison toast


 For Valentines I love decorating with my vintage pink aprons








I scored this huge wooden bowl on Saturday for 5$ I filled it with white lights , a wire basket a tin can and wooden rooster on top. 

So if you want to give this process a whirl you can start by painting your wall dark let it dry, while that's drying gather your tape, measuring advice and your top paint. 

Go on and tape your first faux slat  I did mine about 7 inches wide. once its taped of go ahead and paint your first slat you can paint it without the worn like if that's your liking. ok heres the tricky part you are going to ever so gingerly lift the tape and move it down and  stick it back on just a smidgen you can see through the tape and this is going to be the line between slats. So instead of using really long pieces of tape use shorter ones so this process will be easier. Once you have that same tape in place now you can tape off your second slat of wood and just repeat the process.  I plan on making an instructional video that can explain the process by sight.  So is faux shiplap for you yey or nay?

So glad I could share this today ..maybe you can remedy a problem wall at your home
Happy painting !
Lisa
Come join in on the party inspiration!

http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2018/02/wow-us-wednesdays-377.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...