Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Homemade Barn window to add some farmhouse whimsey

Hi there, welcome........Spring Fever is in the air! I have been doing some planting that I will share soon. I just love digging in the dirt in the Florida sunshine. To spite the fact we have been through our drought season many things have been growing out of control.

I had made a faux barn window some time ago....my son was making a playhouse for his little one and of course I was taking all the scrap wood as usual, it was an easy project. I used kitchen wire for the back to give the farm feel. The first time I shared this It was white with some red aging throughout  here it is now.

 I placed a big shelf underneath to display some collections. I have a vintage milk pitcher A very old Gold pan that was used way back when for panning for gold ,that I bought at an auction in town.




I wanted to bring out the chestnut color used on the faux brick accent wall and the chestnut wood slab wall that I had painted.

Remember ladies to be able to construct some fun projects you will need the following:

A jigsaw
small screw gun
palm sander
hammer
tape measure
various sizes nails and screws
Philips  and regular size screwdrivers
A  tool box  that can fit everything so you can take it where ever

I know many have their husbands to do the wood work but for me I can't wait so I do it myself.

I am currently making a vintage look screen door, its a couple day project but I will be sharing it real soon so all come now!

                                    Have a great day! 
                                    Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...