Friday, October 7, 2016

THE FLORIDA PAPER TREE........A CRAFTY TREE IT IS!

Welcome...hope I find everyone enjoying everything Fall has to offer...as I see it I think that it may be everyones very favorite season. Here in Florida we have no changing leaves or Acorns but we do have some magnificent pinecones and a recent discovery of The Florida paper tree. My daughter and her friends went to the woods to gather some wood for the outdoor fire pit and as I was passing the wagon of cut logs I noticed they resembled birch tree a bit so I went and checked it out better. One of the logs was peeling apart oh I thought this is very cool so I grabbed a few logs and brought them on in the house I peeled one apart.



 I thought I would try a couple of things first I covered a old floor board entirely. I used wood glue.




So I crafted this lodge sign just using some stencils and paint and attached these two?, sorry they look like a type of pine cone they were interesting so I gathered some.



 
 


 Then I thought I would peel off some big enough pieces to wrap around just a typical jar
 So with some cording and pine cones
 
Just a tealight and it looks nice in the evening...I will have to see what other crafts I can up with . I think I will cut some stars for my tree this year. When I was living up north I would put some boots on and wander into the woods and gather what ever natural treasures the woods had to offer.

                                       Thanks so much for stopping in today!
                                                                 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...