Friday, October 28, 2016

Just another Faux brick in the wall.........

Hi there...so happy you could stop in. Our weather here in southwest Florida has finally cooled down, warm in the days and just right to sit by the fire pit roasting marshmallows. Not a drop of rain has fallen so we are in our dry season.

I have been busy with yet another faux brick accent wall. I can't help to think of the song by Pink Floyd "Another Brick In The Wall".  If you follow along here on STNSA you have seen a backsplash brick wall and also brick around the kitchen window. This time I covered the Painted slat wall into bricks. I also repainted the coffee table and end table with a shade of dark barn red. The whole room seems to pull together in happiness.



 Only three items were used to execute this faux brick. Brown paint, white paint and an everyday kitchen sponge......oh and lots of dabbing !   I had gotten a catalogue in the mail and I had seen a brick wall such as this and immediately had to craft one.  





The first step is I painted the whole wall white.


 
The second step was to dip the sponge in the brown paint and dab the brick design on.




 Once the bricks were dry I watered down some of the white and just gave the entire wall a white wash. If you do this always have a dry and damp rag on board your ladder , I just hang them on the side so they are there when needed. This is a messy job I'm not going to lie.




Keep in mind that this wall is actually a wooden paneled wall from the start. The last step is to lightly and randomly dab some of the white washed brick with the brown paint. No actual pattern or light or darkness of the brown just mixed it up and put some here and there.

 
 
 
I will be shopping for pillow and table runner material tomorrow along with some new sofa covers.  











 
 


 
Thanks so much for visiting!
Lisa


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...