Thursday, September 8, 2016

FAUX BRICK & A PASTA STRAINER TO BRIGHTEN UP A WINDOW I SPEND ALLOT OF TIME AT

Hi there, so glad you could stop on in today so I can share my new look of a kitchen window. Here it has  black paint that surrounds the window and also a vintage mirror frame that just happen to fit nicely for interest. But bye bye boring window........

 
 
 You know how it is when you have to spend a good amount of time washing dishes  you need alittle something nice to look at.
 Seeing that the wall was black I used the same method as the dining room backsplash, a sponge with the keywest greenish color , white and just stamped the sponge once it was dry I gave it a wash of white.

 I had an old pasta strainer so I thought I would hang it over the exsisting globe light.


 Aut oh !! you can see the pots on the stove.....chicken parmesan tonight with a side of pasta and salad.  I bought these sconces at the thrift store they just seem to fit here well.




 I just love a decorated window... a simple white eyelet valance for now. Can't wait to decorate the window for Christmas. If you check back on some earlier posts this window has seen it all!
 I sure do love brick these days , when I am watching tv I am sure to notice all the brick.
 Who  knew a pasta strainer would throw off such a beautiful hint of light?
 


Don't like your window? give it a bit of personality!   


                                                       Thanks for stopping in today!
                                                                        Lisa






Come join in on the fun at the following parties!

http://www.cottagemakingmommy.com/2016/09/its-cooling-off-come-join-simple.html 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...