Friday, September 2, 2016

Fall, a welcoming season for change

 Hi there and Happy Fall to you!  Fall is always a welcome season..a time for refresh, pumpkins, cider, hayrides and rosy cheeks. So I wanted to give my kitchen shelf some Fall freshness. I had a piece of furniture that I decided to let go, but before I took the pretty doors off knowing that I would use them someday.  They were not in excellent condition but with some paint and sanding they could take front and center of the large kitchen shelf.

I added a wooden flower box filled with some Hydrangeas in front. and rested two vintage signs on each side to resemble shutters.

 



I found this pretty old wooden mirror on my thrift store journey last week. I gave it some paint and sanding.





I had a pretty detailed handle that I attached to the top of the mirror.
 
Change is good for the sole! How about you are you changing things up a bit? I will be scanning the markets for some stalks of corn and anything Fall . Have a great weekend
Lisa


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...