Thursday, September 29, 2016

A FUN & EFFICIENT KITCHEN CENTER FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY

Hi there, welcome. Here we are celebrating Fall with open arms to spite the fact that it is still humid and hot outside  . That's ok we just carry on with our northern Fall traditions. I decided to put together a more convenient way for the family to prepare hot/cold drinks and morning oatmeal/toast etc. I thought if I could just get everything in one place it would be easy and fun for all. I am thinking that I should change my blog name into something like midnight mom or only at night something to the effect of I can really only work on photos etc at night when everyone settles in.

Anyway I had this bakers rack for a while but I was not using as such the base is all wood but very narrow so I added a corian counter then fixed the top part on to complete the bakers rack.





The best part is that there is plenty of storage , I sewed a little skirt so that I could put things such as coffee filters , gallons of water, mixing bowls etc. Large coffee cups were a great dollar tree find.

 2 drawers that hold utensils and napkins. A toaster also sits on the far right side.
 2 large shelves hold bowls and larger dinner plates, baskets on the top shelf hold breads and spices.
 I baked an Apple coffee cake that is absolutely delicious! It is a taste of home recipe. Apples are in the center spiced up with cinnamon.  This is my midnight snack as I am doing a bit of blogging.
 I crafted this Harvest sign from some old floor board. I love the Chalk board duct contact the little board helps me keep everyone in order because when I write "Closed" that means the kitchen is closed....so don't dare let me wake to a mess. I am one of those people that clean the kitchen and sweep at the end of the evening.
This glass pumpkin which I painted a bit is filled with Hot Cocoa packets.

 Just for fun I attached vintage cutters to the handles with cording.


 This cedar Acorn box holds oatmeal and I just had to pick up these pretty Fall pot holders.
 I have a couple of coffee pots one that brews coffee and one that I just do boiling water for oatmeals , tea and cocoa.









I just had to add a string of white lights and a leaf garland.











I purchased this very heavy lamp at a thrift store ...it just adds a bit of ambiance to the center.

So that's our kitchen center. Our home is a busy one and we utilize every bit of it. I try to add color to whatever Im conjuring up. I think if I had to describe our style here it would be "Cracker Barrel" style. I just love that place!  So dont' be afraid to mix and match furniture to see what you can come up with. A family kitchen center is an efficient fun way for family to Help themselves.

I would love for you to join in on the Linky party fun where I share my craft....

http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2016/09/share-your-cup-217.html



                                Thank so much for stopping in today!
                                                           Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...