Sunday, October 18, 2015

I saved this poor closet door from the junk graveyard!

Hello there , so very happy you could stop in for a visit today!   I have been doing allot of house prepping you know the kind when you start rearranging for the up coming holidays. I secretly think about where I will put the Christmas tree this year. That's something I don't discuss with the family they just wouldn't understand that type of planning. I move stuff around here so much I am often scolded for it but they just don't understand that a blogger of this kind is always at change.

I had been shopping for one of those old vintage doors to add to my livingroom but no luck around here so I had this plain white closet door that I stashed away so I gave it a lick or two of paint !

I used a vanilla color along with some expresso color until I achieved the vintage faux look I was looking for.




 
 
This door is just a solid wood flat wood door. I crafted a wreath and a cranberry burlap garland to decorate it with.
 
I made some faux corn husks out of brown paper bag and the flowers are made from burlap also.
 
I also used a stencil for fun.
 
See something you like but don't have access to it try making it yourself you just may be surprised!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...