Thursday, August 13, 2015

WELCOME TO MY PORCH REDO!

Welcome friends! Happy you could stop in. I have been busy with the screen room. I took a long hard look and decided that the bitter appearance needed a shot of lovely! The floor was a bit scuffed and the walls a bit worn, We live in the deep south about 8 miles up from the Everglades and just a few miles from lovely beaches  on Marco Island so our Lanai is used a lot and far from formal. It usually is filled with flip flops and wet towels and hungry snackers. And not to mention late night TV watchers and game players. Another words our Lanai is used to the fullest. I found this wonderful deck and cement paint for the floor,

The concrete floors look wonderful and also feel great walking on them. This paint goes on like butter on bread. It was very easy to apply. I would recommend it as a great paint. Let me pour you a cold tea and take you on a little tour ......







 
This is a makeshift place that one can sit on the bench and change shoes or hang damp towels or beach hats. The back is actually a 4 shelf collapsible bakers rack that I simply unfolded and flattened out and then placed a wrought iron bench in front. It has top notches for hanging items. I recently got some wooden fruit crates so I have one underneath for shoes.
 
 
 
Natalie......put those flip flops away
 


I had these two round tables with iron leg bottoms so I gave the tops a lick of paint and added some blue stripping. Natalie is enjoying a good book this afternoon.
 
 



The Lanai is a great place to enjoy the Florida wildlife from a safe distance.

 
This is for sure a comfy place to steal the afternoon away in.








 
I recently bought this piece at our local thrift store. It sits below the stairs that lead to the kitchen entrance. It's a great place to drop the keys off.
 

 
Just before shooting these photos this table was covered with pizza boxes and paper plates at lunch. It is also great having dinner out here by candlelight especially in the fall and winter nights when the air is cool, we even use space heaters out here that's how chilly it gets in the winter months.
 

A huge fishing net hangs over the white sun blinds.
 
The wall was dark green but I decided to lighten it up a bit but kept the fishing wallpaper border.




 
 

Almost forgot to show you my "Birds Of Paradise" plant. It is so beautiful.



 
It sure was a few days of sweating allot but the results were well worth it. Thanks so much for stopping in !
 
Lisa
 
Join me for some terrific inspiration at the following linky parties!


buttonSavvy Southern Style 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...