Wednesday, June 10, 2015

BERRIES ALWAYS MAKE ME THINK OF A SUMMER DAY FILLING BASKETS TO THE BRIM!

Hi there, happy you could stop in today ! It's a hot one here in southwest Florida.....the humidity can sure take you back a bit. I don't know about you but I always think of summer when I think of berries. When I was a child we would take baskets to the garden and pick a few and eat a few. These days it's Mango the fruit of the land around here. The sweet peach textured fruit is great for so many recipes even salsa. Getting back to Berries, as I was thrifting on Saturday I found a set of what I thought were four Cherry desert dishes they were taped all together. I basically bought them for the Cherries thinking they were all the same.....come to find out they were all different . Even better my 3.99 investment was selling on ebay for a cool 125.00.  Well needless to say I have no intention of selling them and I couldn't wait to display them for the summer in my old china cabinet.




 


 
 


 

 

Saturday thrifting was a good day....a great set of French made desert dishes and a huge like new machine washable rug.
A handmade vintage Strawberry apron  welcomes you into the cabinet. Have you been thrifting lately? Love for you to share your finds with us!  Happy thrifting!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...