Thursday, December 26, 2013

A 2014 New Year Mantle!

Hi there so happy you could stop by. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and most important some great time spent with your families. Today I decided to decorate the fire place mantle for New Years Eve. Just less than a week away! The first thing I did was go through the clothing that is ready for donation so I found a white shirt and a fancy black one I had and started ripping and tearing to makethis shabby garland.

I took a charger and painted it with chalkboard paint and chalked a clock. A pottery barn pail hold some celebration and a white candle dressed in black tie. I found 2 fancy glasses from International Silver Co. so I blacktied them and put some tealights in them.

 
You will be surprised what you can do with some old clothing.
The charger is painted with chalkboard paint ,the numbers are just chalked on so I can use it for whatever I like.

A shape cut from a vintage bookpage just taped on to the galvanized bucket displaying the upcoming new year 2014.



Hope no one will miss this dress shirt, if so I'm sure it will not be identified in this state.



Out with the old in with the new. So happy I could share my fireplace New Years deco with you!


Thanks for stopping by ! You can join me at any of these Linky parties! http://shabbyartboutique.com     http://www.commonground-do.com/2013/12/be-inspired-170.h 
http://toomuch-time.com/2013/12/getschooled-108.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...