Sunday, September 15, 2013

Blackbirds singing in the dead of night!

Hi everyone hope you are enjoying your Sunday! A day of rest and relaxation. I am working with the brown grocery bags again today, I just don't want to get the nick name of bag lady. I made a garland out of a brown grocery bags. I drew them freehand and gave them a bit of black paint a tan beak and a white eye. Strung them up on cording and attached some raffia tassels. I thought they looked fitting on the front of my vintage icebox. Kind of a spooky eerie look, fitting for the Halloween season.



I must say it was a challenge to get these birds sketched out just right. When you do give them a shading of black be sure not to paint the entire bird it just looks so much better with a little bag showing through. I hope you will try this easy craft and thanks so very much for visiting Sweet Tea N' Salty Air.


I have joined a fun linky party over at A  Stroll Thru Life  with a very nice host, Marty @ www.astrollthrulife.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...