Saturday, September 14, 2013

A .40 Charger turned into a useful blackboard!

Hi everyone, so glad you are here to visit! It's Saturday and that means heading out thrifting soon. A while back I was at Michaels and they were having a huge clearance sale and they had an assortment of chargers for .40 each so I bought about 10. One on a previuos post I used as a house warming gift. Yesterday I made one into a chalkboard. I first painted the whole charger with a primer/paint combo in a gingerbread color. When it was dried I sanded the beading part and some areas to distress it. I painted the middle with two coats of chalkboard paint, added a little red checked bow. Now I have a great place to post meals or messages.






Chalkboards are so very nice in any décor and useful for messages as well this is a very inexpensive item to make a chalkboard out of. Chargers are not just for holding dishes any more. Thank you so very much for stopping by Sweet Tea N' Salty Air!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...