Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Some old pieces from the shed turn into something bright!

Every evening it seems as though I have to walk into a dark bedroom on my tiptoes trying to keep quiet but I usually end up dropping stuff cause I cant see. So I decided to make a nightlight out of some old pieces in my shed. Coincidently  the master bedroom is decorated in deep tones of red white and blue starring a quilt from the Country Door, ever shop there? They have the nicest things , they have an online catalogue , you should take a peek. Anyway here is what I found in the shed. Kind of dingy but that's ok I have a marvelous plan to see through.
The first step is to clean the pieces well. I made up some homemade glass paint with 3/4 part white glue (I used Elmer's wood glue I found it worked better) , a few drops of food color and a few drops of  dish soap mix well and I painted the glass globe a blue color. When using this homemade glass paint you have to work quickly it gets thick and stringy. I proceeded to paint the base a bold white. When the white was dry I lightly put some reddish shading over it, once that was dry I applied an antique glaze.  I added a little white "snow" shading to the shade , when all was dry I glued the glass shade to the base and attached a little burlap/ red checked bow. I also did a little glue writing and then out lined in white. Now I have a cute little night light ! As long as you have storage such as a shed or basement always keep parts , you never know what you can make next!










Come visit over to "The House Of Hepworths " today! HOH #155 www.houseofhepworths.com You just have to check out the amazing talent! Some great recipes.

 



 

OLD DINGY PIECES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...