Wednesday, June 12, 2013

From Old White dated Ceramic Pieces to Foe Pottery Oriental Tea Set

My sweet dear aunt had gifted me a white ceramic 15 piece set, It was just white but had a really dated country blue design on it....just not my cup of tea. Many of the pieces  were chipped  but all were pretty different from each other such as a coffee and tea pot, creamer, salt and pepper shakers etc.   I could picture a bride about 60 or so years receiving this as a wedding gift.

I had been scanning the thrift stores for an Oriental Tea Set but have had no luck so I did a little compromising and came up with this............It actually looks like real pottery. Just using a simple latex paint  and I created my Oriental Tea Set. I  went one step further and learned some Asian words online Hope, Love , Joy and Happiness. (I still have to practice  a bit but I find Asian Language so fascinating.

  • So if you get a whole of some old ceramic stuff do not throw it away give it new life. And Aunt June I noticed you eyeing that old set when you came to dinner in disbelief but forget it I wont part with these beauties.
     
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...