Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Thrifted Pottery Barn dust ruffles and 3 6x9 canvas paint drop cloths make beautiful sofa covers

Hi friends, my poor sewing machine has been overworked again! I have been admiring the sofa covers I have seen made from Painters drop cloths, so I came up with this idea to take it up a notch. I have had these wonderful  white ruffle bed skirts that I picked up on a thrift journey and I purchased 3 6x9 canvas drop cloths and sewed them up as 2 sofa covers. I had to cut one length wise to add to the back of each of the other 2 drop cloths. The drop cloths were about 10$ ea. So for about 35.00 I have 2 sofa covers.




 
Lots of pinning and sewing!

 
I always buy any items that are Pottery Barn ones, never know when they will come in handy!
 

 
A whole day of sewing including measuring, pinning etc. was well worth it. I added some shabby bows at the sofa arms
 




 
The next day I crafted some pillows out of scrap material



 
 

The sofa table is coded with blue hues
 

A rooster sack pillow for fun!

 
 

Little princess wanted to be the first one to test them out. After being sat on by a few they seem to stay in place better than couch covers that I have paid allot of money for.



I also added a lick of paint to the coffee table , it was all cream color so I added a farm house top of brown to give the light covers some contrast.




 


 
The fullness and look is far better than any cover ever purchased, now I know what all the hoopla has been about with canvas drop cloths!  Thanks so much for letting me share my latest project with you....come back soon to see what's next no telling what Ill be changing up!
 
 
 repurposed and upcycled


 

 
 Too Much Time On My Hands

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...