Wednesday, January 15, 2014

An Empty Tomato Sauce Can And Some Paint Equals a Great Gift For A Dinner Hostess!

Hi there, it's cold again here in Florida , I have to always be on the ready to cover all the plants in the yard with cloth if we here tell of a freeze. Or I will have dead frozen plants on my hands. I have managed to save up some huge tomato cans. So seeing that I will need a gift this weekend for the cook I crafted a utensil holder. I used hammered copper spray paint then once it was dry I "aged" the copper a bit with some green paint here and there.
















I used a piece of left over linen and stenciled some #'s on it added some cording bows and a vintage tin cookie cutter.





I also hot glued a small little ruffle on the top to give it a finished look.







Anyone with a kitchen to cook in will love this gift and the best part it is made for practically no money at all , and the creativity is all up to you. You can design it the way you like it but I must warn you may want to keep it yourself when you are done. Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share todays craft.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...