Sunday, December 19, 2021

Delicious crumb cake recipe

 Welcome! Boy do I have a super easy delicious crumb cake recipe to share with you! It's perfect for the holidays! I've been making this for many years. The recipe comes from a vintage Naples , Florida cookbook and includes yummy recipes from the best Naples, Florida cooks. Put your apron on and gather your ingredients!



Whether you bake it in a cake pan, a tube pan it does not matter I chose a black iron pan today!
The directions are simple, reserving one cup of mixture is most important


Bakes up perfectly, 

There are 2 things I do with this recipe to make it more delicious but not necessary.  

- I add about a tablespoon of cinniman to the 1 cup of reservedcrumbs for the top

-I also make a glaze to add. To the top while the crumb cake is still warm. About 1/4 cup of butter melted. Add about a 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar, 1 top of vanilla mix well add half & half enough to make a smooth consistency and simply spread the top of the warm crumb cake and enjoy!

Of course the crumb cake is delicious  just as the recipe reads without my added touches.


I do hope you will treat yourself and family to this delicious cake, I'm sure it will become your family favorite!

                                  Enjoy!

                                   Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...