Thursday, June 3, 2021

Summer windows,the unexpected!

 Welcome! My hopes that wherever you are you are all well ! Summer is swiftly approaching and I was taking a long hard look at the heavy dressing upon my kitchen window, a heavy checked curtain that covered most of the window. Perfect for fall and winter but time for a change! 

Out came my sewing machine, I sewed up a little something, gathered up some pretty light colored depression glass plates that the light can shine through. 

After cleaning the window I tried the curtain on top but it wasn't quite right so I placed it toward the middle, unexpected but somehow seemed to work. I placed the dishes on the top window ledge propping them against the window. I had cut up pieces of rubber shelf liner to place under the dishes. I have done this in the past and it seems to work well. 







A string of soft lights seemed to finish the look and add some fun! This is a place I spend alot of time at so why not make it fun.? Here in S W Florida the summers are extremely hot and humid so for the living room where the windows are large I keep a curtain that does cover well to keep out the sun and heat. We tend to spend alot of time watching movies because unless your swimming or boating the extreme heat will keep you indoors.

Thankyou so much for stopping by , will you be changing out some windows for summer? Whatever you are doing I do hope you enjoy your days. 

                      Happy Decorating!

                                Lisa


2 comments:

  1. Your window looks so sweet, I love the clear glass plates in the window and wonder if they will make little rainbows dance around your kitchen when the sun shine through them.

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...