Tuesday, March 9, 2021

A Gathering of Thriftstore FindsFor A Tired Vintage Window

 Welcome friends! I just know you are looking forward to Spring. It's been a long winter haul with a ton of add ons such as Covid 19. But at least Spring opens a new door that includes gardening my very favorite. There's something so easing about planting and digging your hands in rich soil.

I finally had a thriftstore and garden shop trip on Sunday. First time since my spill off the ladder that landed me in surgery to repair my fractured arm, yikes!

I don't know if your a lover of Vintage windows but I simply love the look. To me its a necessity in Farmhouse decor. I have this huge window that just needed a bit of embellishments.  So I had an idea! I set out looking for corbels, faux greenery. Both I was able to find . 


I found a gallon of  Gram Green premium paint at Lowes opps counter. It's that green that just describes vintage. So I gave the corbels a stingy swipe of paint.

I found 4 bunches of greenery for about 2$. They will scatter on the shelf. 


So I cut a piece of mahogany wood to fit just right on the corbels. 







Thriftstores can really bring your ideas to life. The corbels were about 6$ for the set.  Shelves are always fun to decorate for the seasons and holidays.  I see some bunnies up there in the future! 

Are you also a frequent thriftstore shopper?  Most finds are well worth the trip. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share my latest  shenanigans with you!

                          Happy Thrifting!

                                   LISA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...