Sunday, April 28, 2019

Never know what goes on behind closed doors....

Welcome , so happy you could pop in! Today I decided to do the huge cabinet inside over, I introduced this piece in red but I have since painted it white. So just whats going on behind closed doors here atSweet Tea N' Salty Air.

First things first , I completely  emptied out the cabinet, I had never painted the inside before. So it was just bare wood. So I mixed up a white wash and completely  painted the surface. For the work surface I did a faux wood surface topped off with a Rustoleum sealer.



 If you visit here, you know I just love that old time greenish color.
 Ok lets see whats behind these closed doors!
 Well here you have it, everything you need to bake up some goodies. My Kitchen Aid mixer and chopper, all my baking powder substances, Bowls,Apron, sugar and flour.
 Even some old tiny shelves, also some pretty dishes that are fitting for summer

 These cookbooks are vintage and belonged to my grandmother  whom made some very tasty goodies.
 Love this vintage cherrie material, I found it at a thrift store as a tablecloth  but it was pretty tattered so I savaged pieces.

 I used a large lettered stencil for the cake sign.
 The top where I have the white curtain houses large pasta bowls, dinner plates and desert dishes.
 I couldn't resist some black and white checks in the kitchen.


 I was lucky enough to get my grams little recipe box, filled with treasured recipes so I thought it would be fun to make a little recipe card garland.


 I hung some petite  white candle holders on my makeshift shutters.




This was an old metal coffee pot that had seen its day so I painted it my favorite color and freehanded a rooster on it.
It sure was a fun little makeover and I am thrilled you stopped by

Until next time,
        Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I love the rooster coffeepot! I have furniture painted in that old vintage green color. One thing I have is an old wooden box made out of beadboard with original paint. Yard sale for $3!!! I also have an old small farm table, green base with a white top (also yard sale purchase), an old 1930's nightstand I painted a pale green color and a wicket table (original vintage green paint) bought from a yard sale. So I accent with a few pieces of green. Brown leather couch and chair, white walls. I think it is cute, and goes well with autumn and Christmas décor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, welcome..sounds like you have some fabulous finds. I cant seem to veer away from the vintage green color, it is my favorite and love that you can pair it with so many colors!

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...