Thursday, November 15, 2018

NO NEED TO BE AFRAID OF THE DARK..............& a tiny handcrafted fireplace

Hi and welcome! Im not talking about the actual lights off darkness ,I am talking about A dark painted room that so many of us are scared to plung into. Just so happens one of Glidden's hottest color for 2018 is Onyx. So I Have always wanted to have a fully dark painted room so I got a bit brave and went for it.

 Love the way the dark color  forces the white cabinets to pop




 I had another large wooden stool so a sawed it apart to craft a mini faux fireplace to add a bit of warmth to the room. I made a shelf to secure the fireplace together ,added a small shelf to hold the lights and wood .Up above I saved the backs off of 2 vintage rockers that had seen their day so that is the backdrop, cant wait to decorate for Christmas. Is a dark room for you, I will be sharing more of the room in my Christmas welcome home tour and your invited!

                                                                             Thanks so much for visiting!
                                                                                                  Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...