Wednesday, August 8, 2018

An" In Home" brand non permanent backspash with vintage pizazz & a quick school night yummy recipe!

Hi there happy summer day to you! I don't know where the summer has gone so quickly with a blink of an eye! I have been working in my kitchen for three days if you visit you know that I had a vintage summer cottage theme going on …..well its time for the farm house look roosters and all to come back in. I have touched up my countertops a bit cleaned things up spic and span and put out some new  and old décor.

As I was shopping Walmart the other day I seen this very cool peel n stick vintage style tin backsplash actually I had my eye on it for quite some time. I would give this a 5 star rating. The Company that makes this is In Home They had 3 different looks one tile was a brassy look and the other was much darker than the one I  bought. This post is totally my opinion and I am not at all getting paid from the company but when I buy something and it is wonderful I like to share it here . The paper is washable, pretty thick and sticks to the tile I have really well I even peeled a bit off to replace it better and no problem. So my tiles are just white and to me that's very boring sometimes I like the crisp clean look but it does tire me .


The first step was to clean the tiles well I used white vinegar and dried them real well, I remover all the electric plate covers gathered some sharp scissors and razor.



The look is so very nice! It was just a mere 14$ The application was very simple just follow the pattern !


It pairs nicely with the crackle finish countertops


This is an old tool box caddy that I placed some vintage dishes and cookie cutters in.....but that's all I can show you today though! 


If you have an outdated or ugly backsplash give it a whirl, if you live in an apartment this would be ideal !

Come back and visit the next post I will share the kitchen, being so busy I fell back on a great recipe that would work well on a school night or any time you don't have time to fuss for dinner... You will need enough chicken breast for your family, a couple cans of cream of chicken soup, onions of your choice or green onions I used Florida Vidalia onions. Spices I used a bit of garlic , blackpepper and some seasoned salt. Everything will be cooked in the oven so just put all your chicken breasts and sliced up onion in a deep pan with the soup and a can of water and spices cover  now just take a casserole dish and for every cup of rice add two cups of water add some extra virgin olive oil and s& p cover and bake along side the chicken grab a Cuban, French or Italian bread and you have  a piping hot delicious meal in about 50 or so minutes. I have been cooking rice like this for years . always comes out perfect . A salad goes well with this also 



 Instant gravy for your rice! and the kids will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...