Thursday, July 26, 2018

Make your chair seats pretty again !

Hi there nice of you to drop on in!  Summer is a scorcher here in SW Fla. The humidity is outrageous. Just wanting to pretty up my heavy vintage iron chairs so I thought I would cover them with some pretty material. For this you will need scissors, plenty of staples ,staple gun and a great pair of textile scissors. First you want to make sure the seat base is in good condition mine is wood .


Then measure the material its a good idea to leave at least 3 or 4 inches on all sides.  Cut the material.


Their are many ways that this can be done but I like this one I call it the present wrap because that's exactly what you do treat it as though you were wrapping a present. the best way to start stapling is one side then the other side directly across pull it somewhat tight , Then just staple it on securely . It is best to use a heavy weight material . I see that the Walmarts that have a craft/sewing department  are selling Waverly Material at a great price



I had enough material for some placemats  to match. I decided to not spray the chairs , I love the chippy paint yellow color .








Walmart is having a great summer clearance sale this glass table only 11.00 and it has the whole in the center for an umbrella. 

Meanwhile the Sunflower wall in the garden is tall and happy, all the flowers are out and they tower over everything ….so fun to look at!




Seems so unreal just a little pack of seeds can produce such happiness!

Lisa

Come join me where I share my posts,
https://jannolson.blogspot.com/2018/07/up-close-and-personal-with-july-blooms.html?utm_source


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...