Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A kitchen switcheroo and out of control Sunflowers

Welcome so happy you could stop in...…. all I can say is the heat is on!   The humidity is also high making it a perfect growing ground for anything green . About 3 or 4 weeks ago I purchased a pack of Sunflower seeds so I thought it would be fun to make a wall surrounding the mulched patio in the back yard so it seems that the sunflowers are growing right before my eyes and why would they not with this weather.
This photo was taken on June 26


 This is from today they tower over me no flowers so in about 4 weeks time this is what we have.


All aboard! Just had to share this photo of a little foster kitty he found a comfy place in the wooden boat

 So I decided to switch the drop leaf table with the kitchen island so I could attach the bakers rack just seems like I really need the storage space.
 My very favorite way to cook corn just soak in water for 15 min and put directly on the oven rack and it make the most delicious sweet corn.
 Mr StNSA came home today with a wonderful bounty of fresh Mangos I am going to make some refrigerator jam with them. Of course smoothies and mango cobbler.
 The bakers rack will give me more storage and make things easy for me to get at.It has shelves underneath that house all the mixing bowls and serving trays. I picked up that piece of fish quilted material thought it would add to the sea side vintage cottage summer theme.
 I had this old basket that the woven top had just worn away so I painted and stenciled it holds all my rags







Found this fish pillow for some fun gave him a lick of paint


 Our neighbors baked me this lemon blueberry cake as a thankyou cake for I will over see  construction at their home while they tuck things up back north. The cake is super moist and delicious!

Just a little summer fun!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...