Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A TOP TO BOTTOM LIVING ROOM MAKEOVER

Welcome Spring lovers! Even if you are still in the cold I imagine Spring thoughts are on your mind. When I think of Spring I think of new beginnings, planting, warm air all that with a blanket of sunshine. Really there is so much to be thankful for on earth. Well come on in and see what I am up to..........

My living room was beginning to bore me so I decided to paint it , when I headed out to Homedepot I had an oatmeal color on my mind . Once I saw how beautiful some real color was I ended up choosing this Slate blue from Glidden , After I was done I started questioning my choice , I thought wow I never see this color in all the decorating that I have ventured on to . But as I started checking around I see a couple of rooms in Country Sampler had the same color hues in a couple of rooms and yesterday I was watching fixer upper and they also did a room with the slate blue hue. So I don't feel odd about it anymore. Oh its only paint and you know how that goes paint it again if it does not work out ....that's nothing to me lol.

I spent a few days crafting items for the room..
Sewed pillows
painted and stenciled the bamboo carpet
sewed a ruffled topper
did some painting on the fire place, chalkboard, and end tables, coffee table
Made a sign
Painted up a huge tray for the coffee table

I wanted a bright fun room that could be comfortable for all to enjoy. I love the white and blue but wanted to take some red in here and there.










Just had to sneak in some festive white lights




I sewed the topper and used some pretty lace for the whole window

I had a gift card from Cracker barrel so I picked out this cream color Home tray, had some ruffle just hung it as a garland. Put pops of red here and there. Couldn't decide from the red flowers or the white stems and rooster. The red flowers won....







Painted this shutter up and hung some trinkets on it 



A kind woman from one of the groups I belong to ....her dad would always say this and I think its a perfect quote. I painted some tin tiles for the sides.


That blackness is my black lab Cicily taking a rest Just a simple cow stencil  and GATHER,Also sewed the table runner. 

I made some flowers from material to add to the grapevine swag





 This is my couch with out a cover leather and not pet friendly so covers on  most of the time.

So all and all I spent money on the paint and home tray was new most I painted or sewed with material from my stockpile. It was fun to do and a welcome change
                                                                   Lisa
Come join in on the fun where I share my posts
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2018/03/wow-us-wednesdays-379_28.html  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...