Thursday, June 1, 2017

Its Summer craft time.... old paint can lids, scraps of material, paint= A pretty wreath!

Hi there.....so happy you could stop on in ! One thing that I never throw away is lids , they are slim and easy to stow away without taking up a lot of space. I am constantly getting wire because Mr. STNSA gets the scraps at work and brings them to me. I had a really nice piece of copper wire that I shaped into a wreath.
I also had some quart size paint lids that I have been saving as well so this is what I did.....


First a coat of paint I choose a dark barn red.....




 Rip up some strips of material about 2 or so inches wide, I did 3 quart size lids and used about 8 strips of torn material.
 Using a glue gun I started to make the petals with the material stripsjust looping all the way around the underside of the lid. Any type of material can be used .
 And here you have it a shabby wreath that I paid nothing for. If you have some grapevine wreaths needing décor this would be it!
 A great way to use up scraps of material and paint lids.....I suppose you can use any kind of lid with this craft.
 I speckled some white paint as well
A great craft to do with friends on a summer day, so get your wreaths together and scraps of material, paints and have a summer craft party! If you are a fan of Hometalk I have a board that has many lid craft projects that you may also be interested in.

                                                                Have fun....Lisa

Come join me at the following fun parties!
http://www.rustic-refined.com/2017/06/dishing-it-digging-it-link-party-152.html#more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...