Wednesday, June 1, 2016

a SEAFOOD MARKET SIGN FROM SOME SCRAP WOOD

Hi there, come on in and see what I have been up to! Don't mind my mess in the dining room but I have been busy crafting a sign for the kitchen. The scrap piece of wood actually was from the dry sink I did a bit ago, and I saved the round cutout piece. Yes I am a wood hoarder but no one knows that here only you guys because I hide it up on the shelves in the back shed , dishes and wood are easy to conceal.

So I started out by painting it a bright summer color then scored out some wood lines...

So I thought seeing it was a seaside cottage type sign I would paint a sea creature on it such as a crab.

 I used a blue and white combo on the crab. I scouted the web for some images of crabs.



 I had some old rope so I glued it around the perimeter.
 I did not use any stencils just freehanded it




And there you have it a new sign for my kitchen. If you would like to make a sign and have something in mind you want to draw and paint surf the web there is so much out there to get ideas from. Hope this inspires you to craft a sing of your very own.

                                            Bye until next time,
                                                   Lisa

I am sharing a bit of my craft at the following Linky parties......join me wont you!
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2016/06/wow-us-wednesdays-277.html

http://www.mysalvagedtreasures.com/2016/06/talk-of-town-23.html

H&GT BUTTON FALL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...