Monday, April 25, 2016

PUT YOUR COATS AND BOOTS, GLOVES AND HATS AWAY....LETS CELEBRATE SPRING!!

 Lets take a walk around the gardens! Wish I could offer you a Sweet Tea.


This pinkish, redish beauty has many buds getting ready to bloom
 In the planter box are Petunias, my favorite outdoor flower. As long as I keep them well watered they will be happy.
 This is a sunflower I planted about 15 or so I started them in Egg cartons and it only took 3 days for them to sprout. These will be the American big boys.
 Lots of green onions mixed with the flowers. Love to just walk out and cut Herbs!

 These pop up all over the gardens and ya know what I never planted any of them I think they are a wild flower
I have allot of these succulents the way they keep spreading is that a baby will grow off the end of a big leave and it plants itself into the dirt .
This is a great plant that always has the most beautiful butterflies swarming around it, It is a Lantana. I think they come in other colors as well . I picked this up as a baby in walmart several years back for .99.

Of course the prettiest flower on the block is the Hibiscus. I love to pick them and put them in a pretty bowl full of water add a candle and you have the perfect table décor.


This is a White Flag, it sports huge leaves a this white flag type flower
And poor ole Mexican Petunias, they have been declared a highly invasive plant. They are a spreader but I think they have been given a bad rap , they work so hard....every day they pretty purple blooms then when night falls they seem to fall off the plant and then the next day all new blooms are out. I don't care what anyone says I love these things. I cut some and brought them in and they still bloomed indoors!

This is a yucca tree...would you believe that this was once in a dish garden, someone gave it to my mom when she had gotten sick so I thought in her memory I would plant it, wow it is monstrous  now.
These are Easter lilies but guess what they did not bloom for Easter.
I have these green glass frogs spread around on all the gardens they fill with water as I water the plants, I figure that the little  lizards could get a cool drink of water.

Thanks so much for joining me today! Come back and talk gardens with me soon , I will show you something that goes from grocery store, to the table and them to the garden and back to the table again!! Can you guess what it is??                See Ya soon
                                                                       Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...