Wednesday, July 1, 2015

SUMMER STORMY DAY FUN FOR ME!

Hi there, welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air. Have you been enjoying your summer? Mine has been some what busy, seems like just when the yard is done its time to start over again. We have daily storms here in S.W. Florida so the rain keeps everything growing at a crazy rate and the tropical air adds to it.  So today I decided to do some kitchen tweeking, bake some blueberry muffins and sew some new kitchen curtains. This may seem like a lot of work for some but for me its "me" time and lots of fun! I picked up some new pieces of textiles from the thrift store so I decided to sew up some new kitchen curtains.
Just love plaids! how about you? Also checks as well!






I always love to have a bit of whimsy at the kitchen sink....I had this vintage wooden frame that was once the frame of a mirror, it fits perfectly around the small kitchen window that looks on to the screen room. My love of lights always holds strong couldn't help to hang a string over the window, also my teapot basket and an extra candle holder, after all a girls gotta have a little something nice to look at when she washes so many darn dishes!
 
I gave the old crock a rooster stenciling and some checks.

I am so enjoying looking at the vintage set from Del's thrift warehouse, I don't have anything in them yet but they sure are great eyecandy. I also took down the foil paper from my back splash you can see that on a former post. It came off pretty easy and the white tile is shining once again .....until I tire of it anyways. Del's can also be seen on a former post, they have so many nice things and they mail as well.
 
 Found this wooden piece at the thrift store and decided to place it here for now, love the detail and 6.99 price tag too.
Time for a snack some homemade blueberry muffins...yum! I always love to sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar before baking.

I also sewed a shade for the door as well. Not bad 2 curtains for 1.99 , ya gotta love those thrift store new finds.
 

 
It has been so nice to have you in my kitchen today!
Have a great 4th of July Holiday!
 

Join me as I party with the best of inspirations!
Katherines CornerFunky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...