Friday, November 28, 2014

The cutest little faux vintage tree

Happy day after Thanksgiving, welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air. I was cooking for 2 whole days but it was well worth it just looking at everyone enjoying the food and good company it was a wonderful day except some of my children live up North so I was missing them.

Natalie and I were scanning the thrift stores for an easy set up tree for the dining room and we found this cute one piece about 31/2 ft pine tree. The box was vintge and had the name "Pam" on it. So Pam if your reading I gave this tree a very good home. We paid 4.99 for it, a great buy! I knew we wanted to go with the woodland theme so I found these plaid flannel pants that I was eager to cut and make a garland out of. So off we went home to deck this cute tree out!




This little tree is tucked in the corner of the dining room along side a vintage wooden duck and a Halloween owl turned snow owl with a lick of paint.

 
 
Red and white birds along with some white paint dipped pinecones.

I used a galvanized bucket to hold the little guy.
 
 
I ripped the sleep pants that were a mere 1.99 into strips and tied it onto some cording to create a garland.

Let it snow made last Christmas.

 

 


White lights were added to complete the look. With little money and a tad of imagination you could do a tree too, so for about 10$ including the white lights from Walmart is all it took!
See you next time for some more Christmas crafts etc....!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...