Wednesday, November 19, 2014

EXPRESSO FAUX PAINTED WOOD FLOOR

Hi friends.........wow is it cold outside!  Here in southwest Florida this kind of weather is not expected by "Tourists" , They come to beach, boat, fish and see the sights but with this very cold weather I feel sorry for them.  I'm a northern girl so I know cold only too well but the true natives here in Florida have a rough time with the cold. Many will be wearing heavy coats and hats today, many will be indoors not even wanting to go outdoors at all.

As I had said in a previous post we had to replace subflooring in the bathroom and kitchen hallway. So I needed to have flooring for the  kitchen hallway. I had shopped for flooring and found a pretty dark espresso color so I got to thinking I just may be able to replicate the look myself. So with some prep work such as filling in any nook and craney and sanding I began the process....

Here is the start.



I used Rust-o-leum  espresso color.....this paint is tough and durable and leaves a smooth finish, I used a wood graining tool to achieve the wood look and a random stick was used to draw the panel lines.
I used a non sharpened pencil for the lines.







The color on the wall is gingerbread and the theme is also Gingerbread not only for Christmas but I love to collect Gingerbread items.

 
 
 
I also used the rust-oleum to darken the doors a bit.
 
 
 
I did paint a few coats of non shiny polyurethane to protect it but it feels great to walk on . If you do decide to paint a wooden subfloor good preparation is advised. I only used less than half a can of paint so this was an inexpensive floor fix and the results were great!
 
 
 
Thank you so much for coming by today ! Stay warm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...