Saturday, February 1, 2014

THERE IS JUST SOMETHING SE*Y ABOUT BLACK PAINTED FURNITURE!

Hi there , thanks for stopping in today. I decided to paint my bakers rack. Black, it  just looks so very sexy, a phrase my daughter used and I tend to agree with her. I crafted some homemade chalk paint using some regular paint and added a little baking soda to achieve the look I was going for. Once painted I sanded it to distress it some and some furniture wax. Lets take a look....






















I use this bakers rack somewhat like a room divider so I placed lace as a backdrop .


It appears that someone built a box around a shelf the wood was pretty bare and it is a pine of some kind. The piece was bought very cheaply at a thrift store and was not my favorite until now anyway!


I always had a cover on it and almost tossed it to the lanai. 



As I visit many of the blogs whom have done redoes of furniture , there is just something striking about a piece of tastefully painted black furniture that is so very striking!


Enjoy your day!    Furniture Feature Fridays 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...